what a game. it really doesn't get much better than that. some quick thoughts:
- ovechkin was an absolute beast. obviously the game winner was ridiculous, but he was flying all night and hitting everything that moved. he lived up to the expectations in his playoff debut.
- the power play needs to be better. the first unit does not create any traffic in front of the net, and i'm not sure the current personnel is capable of doing it. the power play in the second was abysmal, with semin stickhandling along the boards and no one even near biron. that poor power play led directly to brier's goal and a subsequent dominating stretch by the flyers that almost decided the game.
- semin was pretty invisible, his assist on green's first goal was on a busted play. he needs to be better.
- what a pass by fedorov to green. he's so good away from the puck too, another great game from sergei.
- without a doubt this was huet's worst game as a cap. encouraging that they managed to win, but he has to be better obviously.
- what a comeback. it's beginning to look like this may be some kind of team of destiny.